On Thursdays I got the privalge of working with a group from Alabama. They were pretty darn cool. They were building a church and had two layers of stucco to put oon the last day which is a kind of a lot for a church in one day. It was cool though to see them work so hard to finish it and they did. Then after they were done they got to do a really cool dedication with some singing in spanish. It was cool and emotional. I didn't even build that much of the church but it was cool to talk to the group. It was nice to hear the impact they knew they were making for God. How cool to know you are being used by God to Build something you know will be used to further his work. A church that will minister to the local people and show and share his love. I mean a house is cool don't get me wrong. It make a huge impact on that family and the community sees the love of christ too, but what an experience to know you are building a house mean just for God and his work. It was a great experience.
We moved camps again on Friday to Rosaireto (sp?) Yeah that is the camp I set up all week. WE just got settled in to camp today. It is so nice there is this family camp from Indiana there and every morning they clean the banos. It is pretty exciting. We had a meeting in SD today. It is just a little team meeting to talk about this prayer book we are reading and to have a person from some area of the ministry come and talk to us. Today was Steve Horax. He has been around for ever and is in charge of international relations. It is cool we talked a lot about the new area that Amor is moving into. They have started to work in South Africa which is awesome. Also we found out that Amor really tries to stay out of politics but also that the government really backs us up. In Rosaireto the local Gov. donated all the cement we are using this week and in TJ I think we got half of it donated. Which is cool.
Well Saturday we hit the beach. I got so burnt on my face. Which was sup[rising b/c it was cloudy and really windy so you don't even notice the heat. Well then we did this really glorious thing after the beach. We went into town and took pay showers. Now this is amazing water pressure and heat. I felt like I got all the soap out of my hair for the first time in two weeks. It was awesome. The best three dollars I spent in a long time.
Thats about it for my week. I have been reading these devos that amor gave us and they are awesome. They really get you thinking which is good. So I have been learning that way. I will have to take good notes and insights to tell you all about next week.
Well I am really excited for this coming week. I will be working with two different groups and then EPPC is coming this weekend so I am pretty excited!
Prayer time...
- continue to pray for my teammate. It seems each week new people are sick.
- praise that Anna is back to full health after spending 3 days in the states getting better.
-praise for the awesomeness that is God. That he can take me from sitting on a rock in the desert one night to sitting on the beach the next how cool.
- That I will work well with my group this coming week
- That our team would function well together and stay strong as the weeks go on
- That EPPC have safe travel to Mexico this coming weekend
No comments:
Post a Comment