Sunday, July 27, 2008

So good and sad week. I loved my group they were awesome. They worked hard where a first time group but rocked it out in a day and a half. They were awesome the kids just worked and had fun and were fun to hang out with. Sad week though because they come from so hard places and sad because I ended up helping finish this house with another nexus for a family that the parents were doing drugs and the kids looked like they were starving. It was just hard to see because the kids don't deserve that and did nothing but have to live like that. It broke my heart. On another happy note though. Matt had thrown stucco at one of the staff and in pay back Matt got held down and a bucket of stucco dumped over his head. It was fun to watch.

i don't know I only have 2 weeks left here and I am sad. I don't want to leave it. I want to see everyone back home but I don't want to leave this place and these people.

We hung out in Rosarito yesterday. Rode horses on the beach and took a nap it was fantastic.

Church today was good. James 3 everything we say has the chance to lift some one up or tare them down pick your words carefully. Words are loud and people hear. Our actions might be Christ like but is what you are saying match that. It works the other way too. So really say and act in a Christ like manner. keeping a check on your mouth goes beyond not cussing. think about what you say and do and how it represents god. are you building the kingdom or tearing it down with your words? words are a reflection of the heart and people know that so think about it and think before you speak. This is something I am working on this week and weeks to come. Feel free to join me in this challenge.
That is about it.

Pray for...
I get some direction on what to do when I get back.
That the last 2 weeks are amazing
that all the nexus leave here on good notes and have lasting friendships.

Love you guys thanks for all the support and prayers you have given me over the summer. keep them coming they make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment